This period of time, that is this post-pandemic period, will be considered a unique inflection point in the history of Supply Chain Management.
As pandemic related restriction are relaxed, if not eliminated, people and businesses will be trying to get back to “normal“. For many, they will be happy to forget the disruption that the pandemic caused and will go back to their old ways.
For others, they will realize that they must make major improvements to create more robust and resilient and sustainable Supply Chains, leveraging all of the capabilities and technologies that are at hand.
As such, this is Supply Chain’s Moment of Truth. Watch our Video and hear our views as to what has happened, what this means, and what the future has in store.
The Moment of Truth!
In our article, Supply Chain’s Moment of Truth, we discuss:
- The State of Supply Chain
- The Pandemic has exposed the fragility of Supply Chains everywhere
- The Pandemic has Supply Chain into the zeitgeist and front of mind in society
- Supply Chains are broken … denial will impede future progress
- Enablers and Disablers to the Present and Future States
- Skills and Leadership
- Inertia – Denial/Resistance to Change
- Change Leadership
- What direction do we take?
- A Supply Chain Renaissance or the status quo?
- The Supply Chain Renaissance is upon us
- The Digital Supply Chain
- The Resilient Supply Chain
- The Circular Supply Chain
- Supply Chain as a Service (SCaaS)
- Global, Holistic leadership
- The seat at the head of the table
- Technology everywhere
As this is a very unique vision of the future, or at least the promise of the future, there is an extensive discussion that we have covered in our article. To verbalize this content we have created a video going through the content of the article.
Our “Supply Chain’s Moment of Truth Video” can be viewed on YouTube.
Further we have conducted polls to understand where people are on this journey.
- The Supply Chain Renaissance Readiness Poll
- The Supply Chain Progress Poll! Denial or Action and Innovation?
Are they going back to their old ways? Are they hoping to make changes but don’t know how or where to start? Or are they embracing the future and stepping in to the Supply Chain Renaissance as we have described it.
Where does your company stand as we move past the pandemic? We know that Supply Chain disruptions will continue for some time to come, and the aftershocks will be unrelenting.
At the same time the pandemic marks a major milestone in the history of Supply Chain. The confluence of many factors combined with an unprecedented suite of technologies all make this an opportunity for a Supply Chain Renaissance.
The question remains, what direction will your company take? Supply Chain’s Moment of Truth Video Has Arrived !
Supply Chain’s future has never been brighter.