In this modern world, reputations are fragile. The most brutal of online attacks can go viral, spiralling into a nightmare for the image of a business. That’s why many brands and companies are looking to hire a PR agency to help them navigate the modern challenges of today’s businesses.
What Could a PR Agency Do for You?
A PR agency has valuable contacts that can help to handle the reputation of your company. They can deal with the messages that go through to the press and help to raise awareness of a brand and look after its reputation.
PR strategies work together with marketing strategies to improve a brand reputation and simultaneously boost sales and drive success. Here are a few main services that a PR agency can do for a business:
- Reputation management. This might include responding to comments or social media or using other methods to engage with customers and followers.
- Crisis management. According to some recent data, almost 70 per cent of business leaders have been through at least one corporate crisis in the previous 5 years. During any business tenure, it’s nearly inevitable that you will experience some kind of crisis so that’s where a PR agency can step in to save the day.
- Media relations. PR agencies can successfully navigate relationships with the company and the media. With their well-established connections, they can prepare material to be used by influencers and media professionals to build your reputation and get your name out there.
- Social media. Social media is a jungle for the inexperienced, yet a valuable tool in the right hand. It is a crucial aspect of reputation management and one of the key ways of communicating with customers and target audience members.
- Speech writing. If your company gets involved in any press conferences or industry events, it’s great to have a PR team with the experience of speech writing to give you the upper hand when it comes to public speaking. This will take your message to your audience to a whole new level and give your staff members a boost in their confidence when it comes to speaking in public.
- Press releases. Press releases cover a wide range of purposes, from announcing new products or launching new campaigns. All of these can handle by experienced agents who can help these campaigns to gain media coverage and become a success.
These are just a few areas that a PR agency can help you with in your business.
How to Hire a PR Agency
To make these PR efforts a success, you need to find an agency that will work well with your brand and feel connected to your in-house team. How can you do that?
Have clear objectives in mind of what you want to accomplish. Think of the different ways that a PR agency could help your business in particularly and specifically outline the goals you want to attain with their help. Then you will be able to find a firm that fits those goals.
It’s also important to have a budget in mind and see what you can get for that budget. Think about how much you are willing to spend on public relations in general and then look to get the best value for your money.
Do your research and get information about the potential PR companies you could work with. Consider their reputation, their reviews, their social media presence and how they have worked with other clients in the past. Once you have a shortlist of companies you want to get in touch with, think before you pick up the phone.
Make a clear list of questions you would like to ask them so that when you go to talk to them, you have a successful and fruitful conversation. Go beyond a phone call and set up an in-person meeting to get to know the agency, see their work in real time and see who you have the best connection with.
You will be resting a lot on this service provider, so it’s essential that you find a PR agency that you can bond with and rely on.