Music is a universally important part of all of our lives. No matter what part of the world you live in, no matter what age you are, and no matter what you do in your life, chances are you are exposed to and influenced by music in some fashion.
Chances are you have heard a song title, or some lyrics within a song, that captures your mood or changes your mood. So many things, good and bad, happen on the job for which your feelings are captured in a song.
Perhaps you’re looking for that energizing vibe of a fuzz pedal, or the calm solace of a sombre saxophone, the truth is that adding a soundtrack to your career focus certainly ups the energy level.
Here is our list of song titles any of which you can probably related to on any given day.
Go through our list and think about how many of these capture how you feel today or how you felt yesterday or last week:
- Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head – B.J. Thomas
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Diana Ross
- I’ll Be There – The Jackson 5
- Lean on Me – Bill Withers
- Along Again (Naturally) – Gilbert O’Sullivan
- I Can See Clearly Now – Johnny Nash
- The Morning After – Maureen McGovern
- Keep on Truckin – Eddie Kendricks
- Pick Up the Pieces – Average White Band
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Tragedy – The Bee Gees
- Against All Odds – Phil Collins
- Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now – Starship
- One More Try – George Michael
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn – Poison
- We Didn’t Start the Fire – Billy Joel
- Another Day in Paradise – Phil Collins
- Are You Lonesome Tonight? – Elvis Presley
- Easier Said Than Done – The Essex
- Reach Out I’ll Be There – The Four Tops
- Praying for Time – George Michael
- Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me – Elton John
- This is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
- 4 Seasons of Loneliness – Boyz II Men
- Money Maker – Ludacris featuring Pharrell
- What Goes Around … Comes Around – Justin Timberlake
- Take a Bow – Rihanna
- Shake it Off – Taylor Swift
- Firework – Katy Perry
- I’m Still Standing -Elton John
- I Won’t Back Down- Tom Petty
How many of these songs can you relate to? What are other song titles or lyrics that you like that capture your moods and feelings? There are so many pressures and challenges in our personal and professional lives that music can help you understand and overcome.
Let us know and send us your ideas!