When planning an event, it can be a legitimate hassle to decide on the location since there are so many options to choose from. However, a classic place can be challenging to find since either the layout or the sizing may not fit the specific requirements you have in mind.
Luckily, there’s a more versatile option you can choose: a tent. Although perhaps not everyone’s choice initially, using a tent for the next special occasion you have to host can be the perfect way to make your guests have a really good time.
Here are some of the most common events for which you can get a tent and all the ways in which you can customise it to ensure your tent event turns out exactly how you’ve envisioned it.
The most common and well-known use case for event tents is as wedding venues. The main reason is that you enjoy greater flexibility when choosing a tent. Since most can be extended indefinitely, you can comfortably accommodate everyone, and there will be no concerns about things becoming too cramped. This is an important consideration, particularly as you have a summer wedding to organise since you don’t want things to get stifling.
When you choose a tent for the wedding, you’ll have plenty of space at your disposal for both seating and dancing. Depending on the fabric and design you choose, it’ll be much easier to fit within a theme, as you can create the right ambiance. Whether you opt for something retro, classic, romantic or modern, a tent will allow you to build the ideal wedding venue.
It’s also cost-saving, as you’ll most definitely save on the venue costs without any risks of getting something that’s of subpar quality. Even if you choose a luxury, upscale tent, you’ll still have to pay less than for a traditional value. Staying within a budget and spending wisely is always a good idea, and when you add the flexibility on top of that, it makes sense why choosing a wedding tent comes with many perks.
Tents are widely used at music events throughout the summer, and they’ve become a ubiquitous sight for festival goers. They are one of the best choices for outdoor concerts since they shield both the fans and the artists from the elements. Whether it’s summertime and there’s a scorching sun above, or it’s autumn and winter and it’s already starting to get chilly and crisp outside, tents provide all participants with a more comfortable atmosphere.
Since the event tents can have integrated cooling or heating, everyone can have fun without the risk of feeling uncomfortable or becoming ill because of the weather, things that could really put a damper on the whole atmosphere. They’re also an essential aspect of the organisation since this type of event can quickly become chaotic.
When that happens, large crowds can be tough to control, and the effects can be devastating. Poor planning and administration have caused considerable injuries among attendees before and have even caused fatalities. Tents can ensure that the event flows smoothly and that there’s a much-diminished risk of trampling or destruction.
As supply chains continue to develop, storage solutions must become more innovative as well. Industrial tents are highly sought-after by businesses for their ability to provide simple, straightforward storage solutions which are nonetheless efficient. Cost reduction is an important aspect here as well, and many companies offer additional assistance to enterprises in order to help them set the tent accordingly.
There are different types that you can consider, depending on your business needs. The most common models are:
- Roofed industrial tents: One of the best choices to shelter the goods from the sun, rainfall and other weather conditions. Logistic companies and warehousing enterprises use this type of tent most often. Since they can be up to five metres high, trailers, trucks and other vehicles can drive underneath with no problem to ensure smoother processing.
- Insulated hall: The insulated aluminium halls are the preferred option for those that require office space, sales areas or cooled storage. It is suitable for both goods and people, with the walls and roof perfectly insulated.
- Partly insulated: Similar to the previous option, this kind of hall lends itself well to products that are sensitive to temperatures but still more resistant than the ones that must be deposited in insulated facilities. The roofs are PVC canvas, and the walls are built from sturdy panels, making it a good option for products that must be protected against unfavourable outside conditions.
- Non-insulated: This type of industrial tent protects from the weather and can only be used for activities where temperatures and climate don’t play crucial roles. However, it also comes equipped with special side flaps that can be closed to ensure extra protection.
- Steel halls: These semi-permanent structures are closer to permanent warehousing facilities than tents. Yet, they maintain the flexible character of an industrial tent since they are cheaper and can be set up in as little as a few weeks. They’re more affordable and are also fully insulated.
Tents are also a lovely choice for both informal get-together events, such as family reunions, as well as those that are a little more formal, like workplace events. In the case of the former, it’s easy to create a cosy, relaxing atmosphere inside a tent, while for the latter, you might take away some of the apprehension for some of the employees since tents are typically associated with a more bohemian mood.
You can get everything inside and have plenty of room for seating and dancing. You can do something special with the food and have it served from pagoda tents, which are smaller but have an eye-catching design.
Getting a tent for an event you’re hosting can seem like a rushed decision, but it is actually a great way to create the conditions for a gathering that’s both structured yet sufficiently laid back that nobody feels constricted. It truly is the best of both worlds.