Have you ever considered turning a Shipping Container into your dream home? It turns out that there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to these metal boxes. Once thought of as an ordinary transport tool for various goods, Shipping Containers have now become the newest trend in modern living.
They can be converted into several different structural spaces, including a house, restaurants and even a local clothing shop. Whether recycled or brand spanking new, these Shipping Containers can literally be transformed into anything you desire. The dream space possibilities are endless.
Change It Up
These containers are changing the face of modern living as we speak. Their versatile and adaptable nature has made them a standout amongst home owners and architects alike. Given their flexibility, designers especially can create any custom-made space of their choosing. Here are some of the pros and cons of a Shipping Container’s versatility:
- Transformation: Shipping Containers can be converted into a variety of structural spaces, including a local bar, a workspace, an art studio and even a four-star resort. They don’t need to be rebuilt or demolished either, you can simply convert them into anything you want.
- Endless Designs: These metal boxes also come stackable, meaning that they can be rearranged into any design and layout plan. Architects can really tap into their creative side by building unique spaces that’ll wow potential buyers.
- Space Limitations: Despite the fact that Shipping Containers can be redesigned, building a larger space may be a bit of a challenge. Not only will it consist of multiple changes, but it could fundamentally change the overall structure of the container.
- No Insulation Systems: Believe it or not but they also don’t come equipped with any type of insulation. A/C and heating systems will have to be added in order to establish a livable environment.
- Follow The Rules: In addition to installing ventilation and insulation systems, make sure you’re abiding by local building codes and regulations. In some cases, Shipping Containers may require certain permits and inspections. On the other hand, they may not be allowed in some cities or states at all.
More Money In Your Pocket
Building a traditional structure from scratch can cost an arm and a leg. Fortunately, Shipping Containers provide an affordable option for the everyday joe. Repurposing containers significantly lowers construction costs, given that they’re readily available and require little to no alterations. Additionally, containers can be remodeled off-site, which also reduces labor expenses and saves you time.
Specifically, the affordability of a Shipping Container makes it a go-to option for many small businesses and startup companies. They may have limited budgets but that doesn’t mean they’ll have to abandon their design plans. If your business plans change, then you can easily transform your container into the company you want. One day it could be a coffee shop and the next you can change it into an art exhibition. Additionally, containers can be reconstructed into commercial office buildings within a record time. Take a look at these topics about shipping containers guides:
- Shipping Containers! More than just a Box!
- A Comprehensive Guide to Container Specifications and Measurements!
Turning a Shipping Container into a piece of modern architecture doesn’t hurt the environment either. In fact, repurposing a container equals sustainability. Energy-conservation practices have been on the rise in the modern architecture scene as of late. Shipping Containers make for the perfect candidate for such practices to take place.
By converting these metal boxes into chic, livable spaces we’re saving the planet and utilizing recycled materials. Here are some of the major benefits of a Shipping Container’s sustainability:
- Dumpster Diving: By repurposing Shipping Containers, we’re reducing waste and recycling our trash more.
- Harmful Housing Materials: With Shipping Containers, you won’t have to invest in concrete and bricks as much. These traditional building materials actually harm our environment with their extraction and production processes.
- Saving Energy: While containers don’t come pre-made with insulation systems, they can be fitted with energy-efficient equipment that can do wonders for the space. They even prevent your container from overheating or turning into a wintry Tundra. In the end, these insulation systems can save tons of energy and keep you from paying a huge heating bill.
- Recycling: Additionally, these containers can sometimes feature neat eco-friendly accessories such as solar panels. Systems like these allow containers to conserve energy.
- Reusing Water: Containers can even feature rainwater harvesting systems, which allow the reuse of water. You’ll no longer have to rely on sewers for water supply, especially when it becomes contaminated.
- Natural Lighting: These metal box structures can also be reconstructed in any which way that yields more natural lighting. Say goodbye to the lamps all throughout your home and that old-fashioned air condition that barely works. In the end, you’ll make better use of utilizing your own natural resources.
- Longevity: Not only are containers great at conserving energy, but they come pretty sturdy. You won’t have to worry about repairing the roof every time a severe rainstorm hits your city. These containers are durable and long-lasting structures that make them the ultimate choice for modern architecture.
- Adding The Finishing Touches: Eco-friendly materials like low VOC paints and sustainable flooring options only make your Shipping Container all the more “green.” You get the best of both worlds; you can take pride in your unique structure and save the environment from harmful chemicals all at the same time.
- A Teaching Moment: Even better, you educate others about the advantages of building these trendy modern day structures. You can coach both new and seasoned owners of how to better protect our environment with the re-fabrication of a Shipping Container. Turn your container into a classroom.
Live Where You Want To
Shipping Containers can also be transported anywhere in the world. Their mobility allows for easy relocation and to “set up shop” wherever you go. Though, residential contractors or consumers must hire a professional transport company that uses the right shipping container parts.
Businesses and entrepreneurs especially love this option as it allows them to have the flexibility to relocate their company anywhere in the world. These structures can meet any of your business or home needs. Whether you want to be closer to the beach or your business is relocating down south, you can move it at the drop of a dime.
Standing The Test Of Time
Not only are these containers movable, but they’re made tough. Their steel structure makes them pretty much invincible against even the most extreme weather conditions. They’ve been known to remain standing during Earthquakes and Hurricanes. You won’t even have to worry about your container home burning down during a wildfire. It’s no wonder they’re so long-lasting.
Additionally, a Shipping Container’s undeniable strength allows for your creative expression to flourish. You can add several large panel windows or even cut out unique openings throughout your container home to make it stand out in your neighborhood.
Even better, they’re durability and waterproof coating makes it near impossible for insects and mold to overrun your home. Cleaning will even be a breeze since you won’t have to worry about waste or too much dirt buildup. In the end, Shipping Containers are the ultimate choice for any workplace or modern-day home.
Shipping Containers Are The Future
All in all, these unique structures have taken over the world of modern day architecture. There’s tons of great qualities to love about container homes and buildings. Their innovation, affordability, mobility, versatility, durability and eco-friendly nature alone make them perfect for creating that dream space you’ve always wanted. Even architects and designers can’t get enough of these containers.
It’s exciting to see what the future holds for these metal box structures as they continue to transform the world of modern design and architecture. Don’t miss out on the wealth of potential Shipping Containers possess. It could be the best decision you ever made in your life.