Podcast listeners are immensely increasing these days. Brands around the world use podcasting to reach out to their audience. Sharing their brand’s story is not as challenging now that podcasting has become a trend. For startup businesses that want to have a successful podcast, here are some free podcast tools to start up your business.
GarageBand is a podcast platform available only for iOS and macOS ver 10.12 or more. It is loaded with several features for podcast recording and editing. You can use pre-made sounds and music on your projects with a simple interface that is best suited to beginning podcasters.
- It offers high-resolution recordings.
- Users can share recordings on social media.
- Smooth recording process.
- It has a complete sound library.
- It provides realistic amps and effects.
- It does not support the MIDI type of file.
- Cannot upload recordings directly to a podcast platform.
Ardour is a digital workstation software for podcasters that are on a tight budget. You can install Ardour on your Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.
- Editing features with multiple options.
- Allows recording in several file formats.
- It has available plug-ins for more accurate automation.
- It supports a 32-bit format.
- Recording features are limited depending on which hardware it runs on.
Anchor is a cost-friendly and beginner-friendly podcasting platform. It is an application that is suited for iOS, Android, iPad, and web browsers. Spotify bought this application in 2019.
- It includes several editing features.
- It has functions that allow increasing your visibility which makes your audience into your podcast.
- It allows you to record anywhere.
- You do not have full control of your finished product.
- Recording using your phone’s built-in microphone doesn’t produce quality audio.
- Ads can be put in your podcast.
4. Power Sound Editor
Power Sound Editor has features that allow you to create, record, edit, and share your audio projects. Audio can be saved in different audio file formats such as MPEG, WAV, and Windows Media Audio. It contains about twenty-five (25) sound effects.
- You can record sounds from any resource.
- It flaunts several editing functions and sound effects.
- It allows CDs to rip and burn.
- It supports all major audio file formats.
- It requires a significant amount of memory.
- No designated version for Mac Operating System.
5. Music Maker Free Version
Music Maker is used by over two (2) million users around the world. It is marketed as a music creation tool. But because of its extensive features, it is also used to record and edit podcasts.
- It offers about 400+ free sounds and loops.
- Compatible with MIDI keyboards and drum pads.
- Beginner-friendly interface.
- It does not offer Advance functionality for podcast editing.
- Some features are not available unless you subscribed to its Premium version.
Audacity is a free podcast tool for beginners. You can use this tool for Windows, Mac, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
- Easy to use
- It supports 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit sound quality.
- Manipulate tracks using keyboard shortcuts.
- Export tracks in any media file format at once.
- It does not allow multitrack recording.
- Do not have advanced editing features.
- Cannot upload files directly to a podcast platform.
7. WavePad Free Version
WavePad is creative software for podcasters and music editors. It has both free and paid versions that allow a single-window interface. The free editing software does not have an expiration and is only available for non-commercial use.
- It consists of several effects such as echo, reverb, and more.
- It offers fast editing like cut, copy, paste, and auto-trim.
- You can export audio files in your preferred format
- It only works with a single audio track.
8. Mp3myMp3 Recorder
Mp3myMp3 is one of the best audio recorders for Windows users. It allows you to record audio from any source and lets you stream.
- When connected to the internet, it will automatically attempt to convert your audio to CD-ROMs.
- Allows you to schedule your podcast streaming.
- It saves the audio file to MP3 or WAV file types.
- Allows you to select bit rate from 16 to 320Kbit.
- Rearrange audio files by dragging them with your mouse.
- It does come with any software.
- It does not have support for future updates
- If you do not know how to use buttons or menu options, you may encounter problems when you are recording new audio.
Huffduffer is another simple podcast tool. You can use this tool if you want to listen to a podcast without subscribing to a channel.
With Huffduffer, you can create podcasts by pinpointing MP3s on the web and add to your podcast. Use tags to get your podcast to be discovered by other podcasters. Aside from that, you can also find other podcasters like you.
- It is very simple and easy to use.
- Compatible with most of the devices.
- It has a good design and appearance.
- The feed is set to public, so if you don’t want others to see what you are listening to, Huffduffer may not be for you.
- It does not work when you are not logged in to the site.
10. PodBean Free Version
If you are a beginner in podcasting, PodBean is the best tool for you. You don’t need any programming knowledge to produce your podcast on this site. Aside from its easy interface, you can also monetize your podcast by promoting it on the site.
- You can create your own podcast site.
- Social sharing is possible by interacting with your audience.
- Available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Android.
- Allows you to schedule episodes to their designated date and time
- You can upload your podcast episodes directly from your phone
- It provides a limited storage space of about 500MB or 5 hours.
- Allows a limited bandwidth of 100GB per month.
11. BuzzSprout Free Version
BuzzSprout is one of the best podcasting platforms for all businesses. It allows several features that can help start up your startup service.
- This tool coordinates with other big podcast directories such as Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Amazon music.
- Chance to monetize your podcast.
- Embed your podcast as a player directly to your website.
- Limited storage of two (2) hours per month
- Episodes are hosted for 90 days
Podcast Tools in Conclusion
Starting your podcast doesn’t have to cost you a lot especially when you are just a startup. There is no denying that podcasts are useful when it comes to marketing. So use the above free podcast tools, and you’ll surely be able to communicate with your listeners. Well recorded podcasts are easier to transcribe. This means, you can repurpose your podcasts as other written content too.
To best reach out to your audience, you need consistency. You should provide value to the audience with every podcast episode you will create through these podcast tools.